Users of the 100, 300 and 500 series of ActivBoards with the wide board border.
Update Board to Latest Promethean Firmware
The board looks like one of the pictures above, and were installed after June 2009. Please perform the following steps to update the firmware of your ActivBoard:
- With your computer mouse, open the ActivManager Control Panel from your system tray or taskbar. Highlight the ActivBoard and click Upgrade.
- Select Internet then click Load. ActivManager will contact our servers to download the firmware upgrade data.
- Click Yes when prompted with the message ‘Do you want to change the firmware on the selected device?’.
- The upgrade process will begin and the progress bar will advance from 0% to 100%. The Promethean flame on your ActivBoard will flash magenta until the upgrade is complete. A confirmation dialog opens; click OK then Close.
Once the upgrade is complete, the Promethean flame will flash green until you tap your ActivPen on the ActivBoard surface.
For users of 500 series ActivBoards, do not operate the ActivBoard with your finger until the Promethean flame stops flashing.
There are 2 important things to note with this change:
- The ability to launch calibration by hovering your ActivPen over the flame LED will be disabled.
- Pen interaction in extended desktop will only work if ActivManager is set to Tablet mode.
- Open ActivManager’s Control Panel and click on the Pens tab.
- Under Pen Mode, select Tablet.
- Click Close.
- Note: You may need to configure Windows 10 to allow the Stylus input to work on your ActivBoard as the second screen. To do this, go to the Windows Control Panel and open Tablet PC Settings, then click Setup and follow the instructions on the screen.