Print Friendly FAQ
- 300ms to thermally scan a moving face at a walking pace, with or without a mask.
- Enhanced Artificial Intelligence TS mode <1 second to identify a
student momentarily paused in front of the kiosk.
- Automatically scans one face at a time single file walking pace.
- Epicus-TS measures entire face using Focal Plane Array with 10,800 thermal pixels (120 x 90 Focal Plane Array). The tablet, sensors, binocular camera, processor and memory are dedicated to the facial scanner. Traffic efficiency is more than five times higher than thermopile with higher precision.
- Android tablets run slower with lower resolution thermopile sensor with 256 to 1024 pixels (16 x 16 ~ 32 x 32 resolution) to focuses on a single point requiring person to stop and look directly at a particular area of the screen.
- Some scanners require the person to touch the screen to activate the scan defeating the purpose of a touchless temperature scan.
- Operator manned PC based systems use a heat camera to create a crowd heat photo of multiple persons at a fixed distance and usually stopped.
Extremely accurate. ± 0.63 °F.
- The default setting is 99.5 °F (equiv. of 100.4°F taken orally). It can be calibrated and changed using a Windows software from a connected PC.
- Out of Box Plug and Play. No training required. Power up and begin scanning within 30 seconds. As students walking to within a few feet, it immediately flashes Green or Red with an audio alert based on normal or abnormal temperature range.
- Enhanced TS Symptom Reporting adds facial recognition to identify each child and record each reading for symptom tracking and contact tracing. Setup entails uploading names in a csv file along with student photos using the EZ-Pass Windows software from a connected PC.
- Kiosk records show ID, photos, body temperature, mask status and scan date-time by kiosk. Visitors are also recorded in the same way but without ID.
- Graphics dashboard shows abnormal temp readings, mask status, and the number of devices online.
- Raw data reports be downloaded into excel for symptom monitoring documentation and reporting.
- For best scanning performance use out of direct sunlight under a covered area or indoors. Direct sunlight or other strong heat sources behind the person being scanned may interfere with the accuracy. The tablet display is weather resistant for covered, protected outdoor use, but the tablet thermal sensors should not be directly exposed to the weather.
- No, facial thermal recognition function of the Epicus-TS is not a medical application. The FDA has provided guidance that allows the use of industrial and non-medical temperature sensing devices to screen in high density, non-medical environments, such as a building, factory, airport or school. Thermal sensing alerts via tele-thermographic device can neither diagnose or rule out COVID-19 and the finding of fever must be confirmed with either an FDA-approved noncontact infrared thermometer or clinical-grade contact thermometer. This device is not for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease including Covid-19.
- Like your smartphone, the Epicus tablet kiosk software uses artificial intelligence (AI) to process each face in 300ms to create or update a unique record for eachperson, with or without a face mask. Immediately records time, attendance, photo and thermal reading to maintain an accurate record of attendance, visitors and proximity for compliance and contact tracing.
- Handsfree Plug and Play Temperature Scanning. The built-in thermographic imaging scanner pre-screens and records whole face temperatures before individuals enter high density areas. Abnormal readings trigger audible, visual and even text alerts for staff to exercise medical screening protocols according to state or district guidelines.
- Automatically photograph and maintain a detailed log each person, while in motion, as they enter the building or classroom.
- Easy attendance and contact reports at the local and district level. Stored attendance, photo, temperature and contact reports are accessible directly from the tablet as needed, or setup advanced features using the Epicus AI tablet management console over the LAN. Create district and school reports from multiple sites, email and sms alerts, visitor tracking and building access.