Income inequality has reached its highest level since the Great Depression, and increasing disparities are eroding educational opportunities in the U.S. Education leaders need to restore opportunities and improve outcomes for all students-no matter where they come from, where they learn, or where they live. Providing access to STEAM initiatives in our schools helps to foster those 21st-century skills that are so critical for the children of today ensuring their future for tomorrow.
- helps students truly understand the world around them
- gives tools for the student to better understand their education
- encourages students to be comfortable with all subject areas without having to be an expert
- Inventing gives students a sense of ownership. Not only are they learning the invention process, they are making a tool for a specific purpose. One of the best ways to understand how something works (In our opinion) is to take it apart and rebuild it. With inventing, they will take ownership of the entire project and become the expert of their invention.
- Putting something in a student’s hand is a great way to get them engaged. When a student is engaged, they become excited. When a student gets excited about what they are learning, nothing can stop them from progress!
- Coding is the language of the 21st century, but knowing how to code won’t be enough. What students are able to DO with code will be what matters. Students will need to be creative problem-solvers in order to be future-ready. By combining coding with powerful STEAM learning, educators can help students develop their creative & technical confidence.
- Coding/ Programming is more than the language you use. Coding teaches logic and critical thinking skills that you can apply to anything. It teaches you to look at the bigger picture and how to break it apart to solve a problem.
- Robotics is very similar to inventing with the exception of each invention will be a robot. Robots are machines that are capable of completing tasks that are determined by the programmer. They are usually mobile and have the capability to move on their own through code. This is another engaging topic that gets the students excited.
- Part of the robotics topic is programming. To build a robot is ART, to code a robot is STEAM
- Inspire students so they will begin to see the world in a way that would give them a chance to pursue things they never thought were possible.
- An individual can impact the entire world through invention and innovation
- Our goal should be to cultivate a workforce with the relevant and globally competitive capabilities to help all individuals thrive in the world marketplace, create and lead new innovative organizations, or pursue postgraduate degrees. Building, cultivating, prototyping, and persevering are all crucial skills of the making process that are instrumental in moving our students forward in becoming college and career ready.
- Science is everything around us, above us, and in us. Computer science, general science, physics, Bio Chemistry and environmental science are embedded in with emerging technologies, new medicines, agriculture, communications, travel and manufacturing. Science is the foundation of students’ future competitiveness in the global ecosystem.