Getting started with Promethean Hardware and Software
The perfect self-paced online course for the everyday teacher new to Promethean’s ActivPanel technology. Engaging step by step videos guide teachers through both the Promethean hardware and software essentials that teachers need getting up and running quickly to immediately utilize the Promethean ActivPanel as their new instructional space.
- Take a guided tour of the ActivPanel’s innovative internal ActivConnect G to begin teaching immediately, even without a PC
- Download, install and set up the latest Promethean Education software: ActivInspire and ClassFlow.
- Easily connect your PC to your ActivPanel in a few easy steps.
- Become familiar with the ActivPanel settings, inputs, stereo sound and controls.
- Learn where to find ready-made lessons, activities and assessments as well as teacher tips and tricks.
23 Video Modules
6 Hours estimated for completion
- Getting confident with the hardware
Prepping your computer
- Installing and updating drivers and software
- Mirroring Chromebook
- Setting Up Wireless/ActivCast
- Enabling the multi touch
- Connecting with iPad/phone
Promethean Software – ActivInspire Essentials
- ClassFlow Instant Polling
- Instant whiteboard, Polling, Sharing your screen
- Ready-made content
Screen & sound recorder
Whiteboarding & ActivInspire
- Dual Mode – Touch and ActivPen, Multi Touch Capability, Resources
ActivConnect G Android PC
Adding Google Android apps
- Mirroring/ActivCast App
Using existing content
Curating and delivering free content
Lesson idea – entrance/exit tickets
- Text polls
- Deliver PPTs, Docs, and more
- Lessons from Google Drive or Office 365